![]() |
| Marie de Medicis |
I was called back by the king and the duc de Luynes where informed me that in 1619, Marie de Medicis escaped from her confinement in the Chateau de Blois. I was shocked. They believed that I would be able to reason with the Queen. With success, I did. I soon became the go-between with the mother and her son. When the Treaty of Augouleme was passed, Marie de Medicis was given complete freedom but only remain at peace with the king. Not only that, the queen was also restored to the royal council. The death of the king’s favorite, the duc de Luynes in 1621, begins the incline of my power rather quickly. The year after that I became nominated as a cardinalate in April 19, 1622 granted by Pope Gregory. I began to get involved with France crises such as the rebellion of the Huguenots. One again I rose in position and became a member of the royal council of ministers in April 1634. I intrigued against Charles, duc de La Vieuville and in August the same year, I got him arrested for charges of corruption. Now, I became the king’s principal minister. I truly believe that the arrest against Charles was necessary. It is not that I want to take his position, it is just that I believe that people like Charles holding such an high position without doing anything to benefit the state or the people should not even have the chance to govern.

No comments:
Post a Comment